Sunday, December 5, 2010

not cool

I'm not walking 
like this 
to look cool–
my pants
just keep falling down.

I saunter side-to-side,
head cocked
hand on crotch. 
But no, I'm not cool.

I'm not trying to
look hip,
aloof or tough.
You see, 
my pants are just too big. 

The inseam is far
too long. 
And although I wear
this belt, they seem 
to slowly creep
further and 
further
down

as if once they reach
my ankles
they will finally
escape
and wander the streets

morph
into some sort of Blue Jean
Blob Creature,
and slink
into a nearby gutter

only to emerge 
20 blocks away,
apply for a job at 
Panda Express
and for a studio
apartment

so that they 
may have some 
steady income
and a place 
to work
on their novellas

3 comments:

  1. those pants served me cold general tsao's chicken! Rude!...Anyway, I love all this new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one! I made me laugh at the end!

    ReplyDelete