Tuesday, August 31, 2010

a hammock

it is difficult to write in a hammock
not to find the words, the words
are children hiding, desperate to be sought
but the mechanics are awkward 

fickle wind jostles 
ecstatic chimes 
traffic sounds like the ocean
if you listen

and that smell
fresh rain, grass
a barbecue ignited

this hammock holds my heart
it is my lotus
supporting me so that I may be 
in the world, yet not of it
it lets me hang suspended
floating higher and higher
glimpse her now before she is 
but a speck in the sky


swaying, yet somehow perfectly still
tress rustle, jazz hands leaves
spackling the air, don't miss a spot
fill in the cracks

a raindrop kisses my lip
Welcome Home I've Missed You
if it weren't for the chill in my back
I'd stay here forever

no one wants the hammock
on this dreary afternoon
lavender ice clouds carved
out with silver streaks, axel lift

you see, hammocks are not just
for sunny days
in fact, you won't learn a damn thing
from a hammock
on a sunny day

their secrets aren't safe
in the sun


No comments:

Post a Comment