Sunday, November 7, 2010

closer

basement of a 
coffee shop
sheltered from the 
rain
the song comes on 
poignant
the song that grabs
pulls
me back 
two years ago 
walking in sheets
of rain 
"she took my heart"
listening to this 
song 
tears escaping
walking 
the sweetest misery
torn
"i think she took my soul"
trapped
in deterioration
and unrealized 
expectations
how to
escape?
but now it makes me
smile and ache
"baby where do i sleep?"
could it ever be
did you know
how i felt back then 
i dreamed of you 
my friend
"with the moon I run far"
your intoxication 
your dark beautiful 
energy 
pulling me in while 
simultaneously pushing 
me far away
you are the master of
coinciding contradictions
i know that now 
how long ago it all seems 
"from the carnage of the fiery sun"

No comments:

Post a Comment